If you choose the pure effect of brick, the joints are a disturbing element. More and more house builders prefer joint free façades. By choosing ZERO you create this effect in a traditional way. Of course, you can also process our bricks by bonding them or using thin-bed mortar. For a joint-free result you have the choice out of 3 processing methods:
- Glue: When bricks are glued the traditional mortar is replaced by a glue mortar which is sprayed onto the brick surface using a pump or a spray gun. This technique can re- duce the joint width to about 4 mm.
- Thin bed mortar: is half-way between a mortar and a glue. It is cheaper than gluing, but the joint-width can only be reduced to around 6 mm.
- ZERO: Traditional bricklaying with a joint-free look.
Your benefits with Zero®
- Money and time saving as there is no need to place scaffolding for joint work. You will need more bricks, approximately 90 per sqm.
- Your joint-free façade can be laid traditionally using a trowel and mortar. So you do not need any special tools.
- A typical upward positioning of the brick ensures that no excess mortar can drip down to mark the brickwork.
- A clean façade for longer, because facing brick holds on to less dirt than a joint.
- Thin, open perpends ensure excellent cavity wall ventilation and prevent insect nests from bees and wasps etc.
- Pure, flawless brick façade with a modern look, in which the colour of the bricks is not affected by the colour of the joints.
- Results immediately visible.
Colours and sizes
Zero® has 1 size: +/- 204 x 100 x 50 mm.
The Zero® colour range consists of 14 colours.
Advice for excellent results
Joint-free masonry always needs more care than traditional masonry. The smaller joint width leaves little room for correction afterwards. Please contact your local dealer to assist you at its best in creating a perfect result.